Friday, December 3, 2010

Milingimbi stories

Story from Milingimbi crew
When we were in Siem Reap we went to Angkor Wat and we were looking at the temples.  It was interesting because we don’t have temples like that in Australia.  We really enjoyed going there.
Shannon



I really liked looking at the carving on the walls that showed the fighting story from long time ago.

Kris

Yesterday we went to the university to talk to some of the students.  I really enjoyed that.  I met one student and I taught him some of my language and he taught me some Khmer language. 


Todd


Today we went to the bridge where all the people died to show respect for them.  It made me really sad for all those people and their families. 


Ritjil


This afternoon we went to S-21 museum to find out more of the history of Cambodia.  Thousands of people were killed in this place, including babies which we were really shocked by - but today there was one of the seven only survivors visiting the museum.  He came to say hello because he wanted to meet us (although I – Jenny - wasn’t there) and he showed the picture of him in the group of seven survivors.  He talked about the torture, how they gave him electric shocks in his ear and beat his feet and hands.  He gave us his card with his address also. 

Jenny (this is really the kids story)

2 comments:

  1. It's great to hear from you all and thank you Sharon for organising it for us. We have the site up in the staffroom so everyone can see updates and they will be thrilled to see articles by our Milingimbi crew.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marilyn,
    I have managed to upload the photos, but we had some gliches with the internet that wouldn't allow them to upload for some reason. All is good now. Enjoy.
    Cheers
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete